Thursday 5 February 2015

Brunchtime - CosyClub Bath


Brunchtime - CosyClub


During a day trip to Bath, I stumbled across the Cosy Club, so decided to give it a go! Once I was upstairs, the first impressions of the interior were a mix between an old pub, a Gentleman's club (not that I've ever been in one!) and a cafe. The back wall was full of portraits, every chair was mismatched, and all the tables looked like they were made from reclaimed wood. There was a very cosy feel (hence the name!) and friendly atmosphere.

*It also reminded me of the Loungers, unsurprisingly, as I later found out that they are in fact owned by them.

After skimming the food menu I knew what I would be having...pancakes!!!! I'm one of those people who chefs must hate, I like to change the menu, I'm not the biggest fan of bacon with pancakes or crème fraîche, so I opted for the buttermilk pancakes but with banana, blueberries and golden syrup instead. Whereas my boyfriend went for traditional Cosy eggs - eggs Benedict with hollandaise sauce, salmon on toasted muffins. 

Brunchtime - CosyClub

Brunchtime - CosyClub
The main event!

Brunchtime - CosyClub

Brunchtime - CosyClub
Cosy Eggs

Don't they look amazing! 

The service was great, our waitress was very attentive and our food was prompt. Our brunch was incredible, if it was socially acceptable I would have licked my plate clean! 

Price wise, very reasonable, I believe it came to around £18 (that includes 2 drinks), the only regret we have was not being able to tip, we had no coins and there was no option on the card machine to add gratuity. 

I would highly recommend the Cosy Club if you're in Bath and are stuck for somewhere to grab a bite, their brunch is served until 6pm too which is great if you're unable to stick to traditional eating times or fancy being naughty and having pancakes for dinner!


Overall score: 9/10

I will be going back when I'm next in Bath. 

Details of the Cosy Club can be found at their website or twitter page. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks so much for your lovely review. Love from everyone at the Cosy club xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Sorry we couldn't tip, I hope this sort of makes up for it :)

      Delete