Saturday 1 June 2013

Afternoon Tea at Buckingham Palace | Queen's Garden Party

Hello lovelies :)

On the 30th May I was lucky enough to attend one of Her Majesty's annual Garden Parties at Buckingham Palace!





We arrived in London and headed straight to my dad's office in Chelsea to pick him up so he could get changed into his morning suit (with tails!!), so whilst he was off changing, the girls- myself, my sister and my mum, headed into Peter Jones [John Lewis] to get our make up done.

My mum chose Lancome for hers (my sister did most herself but got the lady at Lancome to do her eyeliner), and I chose the Benefit counter!

The make up artist was lovely, I've forgotten her name but she did have amazing red hair! She just did a simple natural look on me with some bronze/gold eye shadow to complement my green eyes- using products such as the pore fessional, fake up, they're real mascara and the hello flawless foundation, finishing up with some blush to complete the look.

After that we drove over to Constitution Hill which is by the Mall to park- this is where the horses go so it was soft and sandy- not ideal for heels!! And we made our way to the Palace gates. Here we got some photographs done, both professionally and ourselves, and waited until the gates opened at 3pm!

We walked through the main arch way, and through the quadrant via two absolutely beautiful rooms of the Palace before entering the gardens, this is where the tea would take place. There were two tents- one for guests and then one for the Royals/Dignitaries, where tea, coffee, apple, juice was served along with a selection of sandwiches and desserts. Followed by ice cream!

At 4pm the Queen made her entrance onto the main steps of the Palace, as the National Anthem was played by one of the bands, her majesty then proceeded down onto the grass to walk through the crowds talking to selected people, making her way to the Royal tent.

This was my chance to see her, she looked so elegant and very cute! Her majesty wore pink, complete with matching umbrella, and a black bag. I'd never had the chance to even see her in person before so this was a real treat!

Two bands played alternately during the day, with music from James Bond, Austin Powers, among other things. The day was coming to an end so we decided to walk round the vast gardens and make our way to the gate at Hype Park corner, then walk back to the car.

All in all I had a fantastic experience, I loved every second and it was such a treat to be able to visit such an amazing place!

Thanks to SSAFA for nominating my Dad for the event, due


to his charity work, and thanks to the girls at Benefit and Lancome for our makeup on the day!!

OOTD to follow :) so make sure to check back for that!

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine :)

A xx







2 comments:

  1. wow! sounds like an amazing day!:) xxx

    www.trustinvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you're so lucky!! that sounds amazing, hope you had a great time:D lovely day aswell:D

    would love it if you could follow back?:)

    www.retroxide.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete