Monday 3 November 2014

Brunchtime - Winchester

I love brunch. For me, it is my favourite meal of the day, you can either stick to the traditional 'breakfast food' or be a little naughty as it is nearly lunch time. I have tried many places over the years but thought I would share my favourite two brunch spots in Winchester.

Firstly, Corner House, what I believe to be an old pub turned continental style cafe bar. This place is always busy, so booking is a must, but I must say it is busy for a reason! The atmosphere in there is lovely and the food is delicious. Here is a look at the cheeky food I ordered here. 

My first visit- Waffles with banana and Maple syrup



Second visit- Same again!

Second visit (boyfriend)- Eggs Royale

As you can see, the presentation is lovely and the portion sizes are just right. It is a little on the pricey side (although it is Winchester so normal for the area) so I would definitely recommend this spot for a special occasion, but please be aware it isn't open on Monday so do plan ahead! 

The cutest part is that your bill arrives tucked inside a children's book, I got Beatrix Potter the Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck - so sweet and a lovely touch.


Overall score: 8/10



And secondly, Cafe Monde. I have been here twice over the last month or so and will continue to go back. My first visit however could have been improved, but I made an exception as it was a Sunday and therefore very busy everywhere (I also can't find the photos from this trip).

The second time I went back it was great, there were plenty of tables to choose from and the service was quick. I went for the two eggs on toast, poached, then added bacon, sausage and beans with an apple juice. My boyfriend opted for smoked salmon with scrambled egg on brown toast. To his surprise the smoked salmon was actually mixed in with the eggs however as he soon found out was amazing!

Poached eggs on toast with bacon, sausage and beans.

As you can see there is only a photo of my food, gutted I forgot to take a photo of the scrambled egg but it looked and tasted amazing. Promise next time I'll get a good one!



Overall score: 8/10 (for second visit)


Both places are great, I would highly recommend these two to anyone visiting Winchester or happen to be around the local area, great food, great service and good value for money.

If you have any recommendations of your own please let me know!

Alessandra 

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment